Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Recovery

It has been a little while since I posted because there hasn't really been much to update on. One of the worst problems that came with the radiation is that I constantly am producing a ton of mucus in my mouth. So, I am always spitting into Kleenex to try and get rid of it. It is pretty gross and keeps me up all night. I also have a lot of mucus in my chest and other areas which keeps me up. I thought this problem would at least diminish by now, but there has been no real progress. Also, my throat is still really sore from the radiation.

So, it looks like it will still be a while before I can eat, but all in all, I am in good spirits. It is really nice not to have to go in for radiation therapy everyday! Yesterday, I went to a Diamondbacks spring training game, and Saturday I went for a great hike with my mom, sister, and the Dude. So, I am back to being pretty active again. Thank you all for your continued support.

Steve

4 comments:

Chad Vader said...

How was the team looking this season? Still rooting for my A's! haha...a hike thats awesome, it has to be nice to get out and about. See anything interesting? lucky you don't have to worry about running into those rabid washington squirrels! Keep active it will make the healing process seem fast. Keep it up stevo!

annabelle said...

No doubt about it, having cancer at any age is something none of us want to even think about and though you accepted it and fought hard, it breaks my heart you had to go through all of the bad times. But with the bad breaks, you received one tremendous one when you were born. Jean Manos was sent from God and you were lucky to get her for a mom...and I was lucky to get her for a daughter in law.

Cindi said...

Steve,
I would like to "ditto" your grandma's comment about your wonderful Mom and add how lucky Jean is to have a husband like Tom. Not every dad would be so devoted to you as your father has been. You have been doubly blessed, no doubt.
Love, Aunt Cindi

Diane said...

Hi Steve,
There is no doubt that you have great parents, not to mention a great brother and sister. I am glad that your treatments are over! It will take time, but soon I hope to hear that you are able to eat and go back to school. You will make a stupendous economist. I love reading your blog, and getting to know you a little better. I continue to think of you, and pray for you daily. Take good care of yourself.
Love, Aunt Diane